Who can apply to perform at M for Montreal?
We are looking for artists that wish to develop their career at a national and international level. Having a team, a released album, a few shows done, a music video and Facebook are good starting points to be selected (but are not mandatory).
- Call for artists for the 2020 edition will open on February 1st and close on May 1st, 2020.
- The cost is $45 CA per application.
- Artists need to fill an online application form including basic information such as a short biography, music, photos and press kit.
- It is important to provide the most accurate and best material possible – better put all odds on your side!
- Only the formal method of submission will be accepted – email or mail applications will not be considered.
and what happens next?
- Once the application is submitted, the primary contact will receive a confirmation email.
- The pre-selection committee will review the applications and grade them based on originality, songwriting skills and career advancement. The top-rated artists will then be submitted to the programming team, who will be responsible for sending out the official invitations.
- All applications received will be analyzed by the programming committee.
- The primary contact will be notified by email on the status of the application no later than September 1st.
- No refunds will be given to non-selected artists. However, artists who have applied will receive a $45 CDN rebate on the purchase of a Festival pass giving access to all shows open to the public presented during M for Montreal. The primary contact will receive a promo code in the status email.
and If I’m selected?
- Selected artists MUST have a representative* with a valid accreditation (PRO badge). This person must be identified when the official invitation is accepted.
- M for Montreal does not provide support for travel, accommodation or per diem.
- The artist is responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to play in Canada and electronic travel authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.
- Each band member will receive an Artist wristband that provides access to all panels, round tables and showcases.
- Wristbands will be given to the artist rep at the time of the PRO badge pick up.
- M for Montreal will provide a basic backline for selected bands that are based outside of Montreal (drum, bass and guitar amp).
- It is imperative that the artist rep completes the online survey(s) sent by M for Montreal after the event by providing information about the business opportunities generated.
*Artists may choose to get accredited to represent their own project. The purchase of a PRO badge is mandatory in this case as well.
M for Montreal reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions without prior notice.