See you next year!
The call for artists to showcase at the 15th edition of M for Montreal in 2020 is now closed. Thank you for your participation!
Take part in the 15th edition of M for Montreal!
M for Montreal officially launches the call for artists. Musicians are invited to submit their project in order to be considered by the programming team for a showcase at the 15th edition of the event.
Please note that the call for artists has been extended until June 1st, 2020 (instead of May 1st). In doing so, the M for Montreal team wishes to give more flexibility to musicians who, as we know, are strongly affected by the current climate of uncertainty created by the COVID-19 crisis.
To submit your project, simply fill out the official form. An administrative fee of $45 CAD is required for each artist application. This amount guarantees the consideration of your file by the programming team.
Useful information and policies
Who can apply to perform at M for Montreal?
We are looking for artists that wish to develop their career at a national and international level. Having a team, a released album, a few shows done, a music video and Facebook are good starting points to be selected (but are not mandatory).
- Call for artists for the 2020 edition will open on February 1st and close on June 1st, 2020.
- The cost is $45 CA per application.
- Artists need to fill an online application form including basic information such as a short biography, music, photos and press kit.
- It is important to provide the most accurate and best material possible – better put all odds on your side!
- Only the formal method of submission will be accepted – email or mail applications will not be considered.
and what happens next?
- Once the application is submitted, the primary contact will receive a confirmation email.
- The pre-selection committee will review the applications and grade them based on originality, songwriting skills and career advancement. The top-rated artists will then be submitted to the programming team, who will be responsible for sending out the official invitations.
- All applications received will be analyzed by the programming committee.
- The primary contact will be notified by email on the status of the application no later than September 1st.
- No refunds will be given to non-selected artists. However, artists who have applied will receive a $45 CDN rebate on the purchase of a Festival pass giving access to all shows open to the public presented during M for Montreal. The primary contact will receive a promo code in the status email.
- Should the event be cancelled, registration fees will be refunded. If the event is postponed, M for Montreal will advise of the conditions in a timely manner.
and If I’m selected?
- Selected artists MUST have a representative* with a valid accreditation (PRO badge). This person must be identified when the official invitation is accepted.
- M for Montreal does not provide support for travel, accommodation or per diem.
- The artist is responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to play in Canada and electronic travel authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.
- Each band member will receive an Artist wristband that provides access to all panels, round tables and showcases.
- Wristbands will be given to the artist rep at the time of the PRO badge pick up.
- M for Montreal will provide a basic backline for selected bands that are based outside of Montreal (drum, bass and guitar amp).
- It is imperative that the artist rep completes the online survey(s) sent by M for Montreal after the event by providing information about the business opportunities generated.
*Artists may choose to get accredited to represent their own project. The purchase of a PRO badge is mandatory in this case as well.
M for Montreal reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions without prior notice.
The Caisse Desjardins de la Culture is proud to contribute to Mundial Montreal and M for Montreal. Financial cooperative dedicated to artists and cultural organizations, professionals and businesses, the Caisse de la Culture was founded by artists, for artists. Since 25 years our mission has been to help you realize your personal and professional projects. Whatever your needs, our expertise will allow us to find solutions for you. We are proud to have helped thousands of self-employed workers become homeowners, to have allowed so many of our members realize their projects, and to have fostered business development in every artistic field.