Take part in the 2023 edition of M for Montreal
After a remarkable 17th edition in 2022, with an Official Selection that was beyond expectations and a general public component (MARATHON) that lived up to its name, we are extremely enthusiastic about our 18th edition. With an in-person edition in Montreal alongside with an interactive platform that facilitates connections, we look forward to seeing you from November 15 to 18.
Artists wishing to apply for the Official Selection of this 18th edition can answer to the call for applications, presented by the Caisse Desjardins de la Culture, from today until midnight on June 11.
To submit your project, you need to fill the form available at the bottom of this page. Please note that an administrative fee of 45$ CAD is required for each artist application.
Useful information and policies
How to apply and perform at M for Montreal?
M for Montreal is looking for artists who wish to develop their careers at a national and international level. Having a team in place, an album commercialized, a few shows done, and followers on socials are strong assets to get selected without being mandatory.
- The Call for artists for the 2023 edition will open on March 8 and close on July 11.
- The cost is $45 CAD per application.
- Artists need to fill an online application form including essential information such as a short biography, music and photos.
- It is important to provide the most accurate material possible.
- Artists must be available between November 15-18 during M for Montreal to attend the different parts of the festival.
- Only the formal method of submission will be accepted – email applications will not be considered.
What happens next?
- Once the application is submitted, the primary contact will receive a confirmation email.
- All applications received will be analyzed by the programming committee.
- The artist responsible will be notified by email of the status of the application during the month of July.
- No refunds will be issued to non-selected artists. However, artists who have applied will receive a $45 CAD discount to buy a M for Montreal badge.
- If the event is postponed, M for Montreal will advise of the new conditions promptly.
What if the project is selected?
- Selected artists must have a representative with a PRO badge. This person must be available to participate in the various festival activities.
- An artist can choose to be accredited to represent their own project. The purchase of a PRO badge is still mandatory in that case.
- M for Montreal does not provide support for travel, accommodation or per diem.
- The artist is responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to play in Canada and electronic travel authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.
- Each band member and artists performing will receive an artist wristband that allows them access to the concerts on the day of their performance, as well as to the conference component of M for Montreal. Guestlist requests will be analyzed on a case-by-case basis. Wristbands will be given to the artist’s representative upon pick-up of their badge.
- M for Montreal will provide the artists with the crew and essential technical equipment (basic backline) required for its performance.
- The artist representative must complete the online survey(s) sent by M for Montreal after the event by providing information about the business opportunities generated.
- Please note that the performances are under embargo until the official line-up announcement, planned for September 2023.
M for Montreal reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions without prior notice.
Fill out the application form here.